Friday, August 8, 2014

Chapter 9




The car service car inches it's way down the driveway, slowly working it's way to the garage area.  The driver gets out and opens the backdoor.  Jon is there, car side, wondering who the hell is in there.  "Can I help you?" he asks the driver.






The driver ignores Jon and waits for his passenger to step out.  Reaching in to aid the passenger, the driver helps Olivia out of the car.  Jon sees that it's her and doesn't care that the driver ignored him or pulled onto the property unannounced.  She's out of the car, "Hi."





"Hi, what are you doing here?" he asks her, totally surprised to see her. 
 




"I thought I would come by to talk, do you mind?  Are you busy?" the driver closes the door and takes his place back inside the car. 





Jon tells her, "I was just playing in the studio, come on - let's go in the house.  Or we can go back into the studio."



"The house is fine."  This is the house that Olivia has never been in.  She's really nervous about it, but in her mind she feels that she has earned to opportunity to be there.  She was the dirty little secret that no one knew about and being at his house gave her a little sense of entitlement, she earned the right to see where he lives.



Jon leads the way into the house and as they pass through the living room, Olivia can see all of the family pictures on the wall and she can see that they are happy in them.  That bums her out a little bit, but she knows that it is what it is.  "This place is gorgeous, absolutely beautiful Jon."



"Thanks.  Let's go into the other living room, it's a little more comfortable than this one."



"Okay."  Olivia follows him through the house and they enter the family living room, where Jon tells her to take a seat.  Olivia, in her mint green scrubs having come straight from work sits on the plush couch that she thinks doesn't match the décor, but she's not going to say anything.  Jon sits across from her on the ottoman and smiles at her.



"What brings you by?" he has to know what changed since they seen each other last.  "It's a pleasant surprise."



"I came here for 2 reasons.  1 - I want to see your divorce papers and 2 - I want you to let me out of my contract."



He laughs at that, "I'll be more than happy to show you my divorce papers, if it will make you feel any better.  As for the contract, that's legally binding, Liv."



"I know it's legally binding, but you have a lawyer that can let me out of it."



"Why do you want out?  I haven't enforced any of it."



"No, but you have threatened to and I don't want that looming over my head when I start to get on with life."



"Really?" he questions, a little caught off guard.  He though that her visit was for another reason.



She starts to pace, stopping at the window, looks out over the river.  She's thinking that she shouldn't be here, but if his divorce is for real - she could see by his behavior. 

"I entered an agreement that stated that I would keep our relationship private - telling no one and I haven't.  I agreed to give my best effort to be available when you were in town and wanted to see me, and I did the very best that I could.  I also agreed to go away with you on the many trips that we did and also kept them a secret - and in return, I got my awesome apartment, a car and more spending money than I know what to do with.  To an outsider, that makes me a whore."

His jaw drops, "Is that really what you think and how you feel."

"Well look at it.  I'm at your beck and call and you afford me the lifestyle that I'm used to, that makes me a whore.  I'm done being a whore."

"You're not a whore, Olivia.  That agreement is only to protect me and my family.  And if it takes a piece of paper to keep seeing you, than that's what I'll do."

"I want out Jon.  I want to meet a man that can love me for me, a man that I can lay my head on a night.  A man that is with me, shoulder to shoulder through all of the trials and tribulations that come along in a committed relationship."

"You can have that with me."

"How.  You are still married, Jon."

Jon gets up and leaves the room for a few minutes.  When he returns, he has divorce papers in his hands.  He hands them to Olivia and says, "I offered her a more than fair settlement, with generous child support.  Her lawyer thinks that she'll accept and once we go through the 6 month mandatory period, the divorce will be final."

"And what happens in the meantime?" she snaps at him, feeling like this is a game to Jon. 

"In the meantime, we get on with the life that we want to have, together."

"Do you think it would be that easy?"

Jon walks to where she is standing at the windows, he rubs his hand up the small of her back, working it's way to her hip.  He pulls her into him and he responds, "It's going to be as easy as we make it.  I don't care who knows."

Olivia looks him in the eye, "And if I don't want to be in a relationship with you, you're going to enforce the contract."

He chuckles at that and admits, "I hadn't looked at it like that, but if that's what it takes to be with you, then yes.  I will enforce it."

"All you can get from me is the stuff you bought me and provided for me."

"Your apartment will sell in a hot second, you know that."

"I do."

"And the car you drive, I could sell that just as fast."

Olivia shakes her head, "You'd really do that, wouldn't you?"

He takes her hand and tells her, "I don't want to do anything to hurt you, but I won't let you go.  You know as well as I do that we are meant to be together."

"I don't know that, Jon.  What I do know is that it's pretty shitty of you to hold my car and apartment over my head to make me be with you."

"You need to see how serious I am.  Olivia, I want you in my life, everyday.  I'm done sneaking to see you and I'm done having to hide you."  He sighs, "I filed for divorce for you, because I seen how hurt this arrangement has made you."

"But you're not willing to let me out of it?" she walks away from him, feeling a little like a caged rat.  She agreed to being his mistress when she was at a very busy period in life.  She remembers their first night together, after they had to discuss the terms of their agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jon felt a connection to Olivia when she treated him for his injured foot.  And after a few days, he found out that Olivia felt the same connection.  He needed a follow up visit and instead of going to the family doctor in New Jersey, he went back to her ER and made sure that she treated him.  This time he was alone.

Olivia knew who he was, even though she wasn't into his style of music but that didn't stop her.  Jon is a man of few words, because his body language says so much.  When she was done with his follow up, having casted his foot now that the swelling went down, she took a few minutes to talk to him.

She learned that he was married, with four kids and part of a close Italian family.  That should have turned Olivia away, but it intrigued her more.  She wanted to know more about him. 

She was made the Bongiovi Family doctor within days and when the need arose, she would make house calls if needed.  She had only treated the kids for colds, flu and cuts and scrapes if they were hurt while in the city. 

The agreement came into play when Dorothea was injured in a cycling accident and Jon wanted to be sure that she didn't have a concussion.  He called Olivia at the hospital and she got to Dorothea as fast as she could.  Upon examining her, Olivia felt that she did not have a concussion and advised Jon to wake her every four hours, and if she didn't wake he was to call her. 

When Olivia went to leave that night, Jon walked her to the door.  The door on the ground level.  On the elevator ride down, he couldn't contain himself.  Slowly and with intent, he slid his hand up under her hair and pulled her in for a kiss.  She responded in the way that he hoped she would and the two of them made out in the elevator until they heard the ding. 

At her car, Jon said, "I want to see you."

"Call me when you need me."

"Olivia, that's not what I mean." he blurts at her, "I want to see you on a personal level."

"Um, you're married." she replies, quickly.  "And she's upstairs with one hell of a headache."

"I'm married on paper.  If you can't see that by now, then maybe my family needs a new doctor, because it's that obvious."

Olivia didn't say no and she didn't say yes.  She just got into her car and left.  Jon didn't and couldn't leave her alone.  He called her, went to see her at the hospital and over time he broke her down.  He made himself so irresistible Olivia couldn't say no.

They started to meet at her apartment and then over time, the contract came into play.  Olivia didn't have a problem agreeing to it at first, because she thought 'how cool, I'm a rock star's mistress with no real demands and I can still live my own life.'

Time made the agreement hard on her, as she went through many milestones in her life and she faced them alone.  She needed more at this point in her life and right now she isn't sure that she can get that from Jon.  She is skeptical about his divorce and his reason for filing could later prove to be a problem for her.  If he really filed FOR her, that could become an issue.

2 comments:

  1. Yup the reason for filing for divorce WILL become an issue I can feel it. I also think Jon will enforce their contract and she will abide by it for as she said her apt and car and spending money is something she has become accustom to.....

    Beginning to like this story a lot.
    Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good update - really liked the back story on how this all started. Jon can be very convincing. I can't wait till we get a love scene with these two!

    ReplyDelete