Monday, August 11, 2014

Chapter 10

 


Olivia is still upset over the idea that he won't let her out of the contract. The agreement that she so eagerly signed.  
The contract that afforded her many luxuries and yet made her miserable.  "Jon, can't you find someone else better suited for the terms of this contract?  You know I'm too busy for a contract relationship or even a real relationship." She starts to pace, as she strolls by the piano, she runs her fingers over the keys. "I'm sure there are women that would die for the chance to be with you."


He laughs.  "There are millions that would love to do it, but there is only one that I would let do it."


"Even though I have zero time?"


"Yep."


"That's stupid." she snaps at him.  "Why would you waste all this time and energy on a dead end subject."

With a little bit of swagger, he walks up to her and takes her hands, "Liv, this is not a dead end subject, and you know that."

"I want out."

"No you don't, you just want it on your terms and now that I'm giving it to you, you're scared." he smiles at her, looking at every freckle on her face.  "You know that you want to be with me."

"Jon, I want to be with someone that compliments me and understands my schedule.  YOU do not understand my schedule."

"How can you say that?"

"How many times did you get pissy when you wanted to see me and I had class or work.  You would get furious." she laughs, "I can hear you now, what do you mean you can't see me?"  That makes Olivia laugh even harder.  "My schedule is only going to get crazier."

"I can deal with it.  You move in here and we can see how it goes."

That stops Olivia dead in her tracks.  "You want me to move in here?"

"Yeah."

She pulls her hands away and walks away, "Jon my life is in New York."

"Jesus Christ, that's just up the road - quit making excuses Olivia and just go with it." he blurts at her, fed up with her excuses and he's not really sure what he's feeling.  He's never begged for anything and he always get what he wants.  Why is she being such a pain in the ass?  "There are cars that go back and forth every day - we can hire one to take you in and bring you home."

"No."

"What do you mean no?" he shocked, almost speechless. 

Olivia, frustrated, takes a deep breath and says, "Ya know, I do love you Jon and I love the time that we have had together, but let's call this what it is."

"And what's that?" he snaps at her, right on her heels, "What is this Olivia?"

Her frustration turns to anger now, because she doesn't like his tone, "It's over Jon, that's what it is, it's over."  She walks to the couch and snatches up her purse.  "Goodbye."

"Don't you dare leave." he yells to her as she walks to the front door.  "Olivia, don't leave."

On her heel she turns and yells back, "Or what Jon?  Are you going to take my pretty car and my pretty apartment away from me?"

"Stop being such a bitch?" he states, "Can't you talk like a grown up?"

"Jon, I need to talk to a grown up."

"Why are you making this so hard?"

She reaches for the door knob and turns it, "It's not hard Jon.  Just remember all of the things that you missed out on and you'll quickly get over it."  The door opens and shuts just as fast.  Jon reaches around her and slams the door shut, not letting her go.  "JON!"

"This isn't over."

She chuckles, "What are you going to do, keep me hostage until I agree with you?"

Jon leans against the door and sighs quite heavy, "I'm sorry.  I'm sorry that I missed out on the things that were important to you, I'm sorry that you have been alone and wanted me to be with you, but you knew the deal.  I'm sorry that I have fallen in love with you and can't imagine life without you in it."

"Sorry doesn't fix it.  You know that.  Sorry doesn't take away the embarrassment of attending my graduations and parties alone.  Sorry doesn't fix the embarrassment of telling people that I can't date, but they can never meet my boyfriend.  Sorry doesn't replace the two years that I sold my soul to the devil." she reaches for the door knob again, "Please let me go, Jon."

He doesn't move.  They are looking at one another, eye to eye and he says, "I can't let you go."

"You have too."

He takes her hand off of the door knob and holds it, "We have something special, can you really just walk away?"

"As soon as you'll let me." she smirks.  She's to the point that she feels a little insulted and a little jilted by him.  She was doing fine until that day that she ran into him in front of CBGB's.  From that point on, he has been in her life; whether it be her thoughts, dreams or in her face.  Why did she have to run into him then?

1 comment:

  1. looks like Jon is running into brick walls with her. she really is resolved to not go back to him. looking forward to seeing where this goes!

    ReplyDelete