Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Chapter 2

 
 
Olivia made herself available to meet Jon for lunch in Times Square, before she headed to school where she would spend most of her afternoon and evening. 

 
When her cab arrived, she got out and went inside, looking around for the one man that infuriated her, the one man that she hated to love.  He was in the mood for pizza.  As he sees her enter the restaurant, he greets her with a hug and kiss and said, "Thanks for meeting me, I had to see you."

"For what?  You know that I'm very busy with work and school.  What couldn't wait?" she asked, as she sat in the chair that he pulled out for her to sit.  "What's up?"

"Well, I want you to go on the road with me?" he tells her, and in a way that she feels that it's not open for discussion. 

For two years now, they have seen each other when he was in town, when his schedule would allow and when she was up to it.  She has told him no before and it didn't go over to well.  He has actually sent a car for her to get her, even after she refused.  She loves him and he loves her, but he refuses to get a divorce and loves that she is there for him whenever her wants her too.  But she is growing tired of it.  She has met many wonderful men over the last couple of years and she's turned their advances away, because she was 'owned' by Jon Bon Jovi, and she's to the point that he wants out.

"You know that it is my dream to be a doctor, and to go on the road with you would ruin that, plus you're married, Jon.  How can that even happen? she asks with a sarcastic tone, looking at the Rolex that he bought her, checking the time.

He leans over and takes her hand, quickly scanning the room, "We have been doing this for a long time, plus Dorothea is going to the Bahamas's with the kids."

"Forever?" she asks with attitude.  "I can't keep doing this Jon.  I need more and I can't get it from you."

"What more do you need?"

"I need affection, attention, understanding - just for starters.  I need more than you are giving me."

"Like what?"

"Someone that I can see more than once a month, or less.  Jon, I am a vibrant woman that has needs and I am sick of my needs having to wait for yours."  The waitress walks up and takes their order.
 
They place their order and wait for the waitress to walk away, "My needs are your needs, Liv.  But you have to understand, I have commitments and obligations."
 
She sips her water, and says, "So do I, and this can't be one of them.  It's only hurting me at this point."
 
"Hurting you how?"
 
"Really, Jon?" she snipes at him, with a smirk on her face.
 
He nods, "How is it hurting you?"
 
"I graduated and you were no where around.  I accepted the attending position and you were again, no where around.  Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for me?"
 
"Yeah, but what do you want me to do?  I'm sorry I couldn't be there, I'm sorry that I missed those things for you."
 
She gives him a look, thinks to herself that he drives her crazy, he drives her mad and pisses her off all at the same time.  But she loves him.  "That doesn't help Jon.  I'm sick of doing all of these things alone, becasue I'm a kept woman.  I want to go out, I want to meet people and I want a normal relationship.  I want to wake up next to someone every day.  Not just a few days a month.  I want to go to the movies and hold hands, I want to walk through th city with the man that I love, and I can't do ANY of that with you."
 
Jon hears what she's saying, and what's even more important - he can feel what she's saying.  His heart goes out to her, but his ego gets in the way.  "Do you expect me to get a divorce?"
 
She places her napkin on the table and slowly stands up, "No, I don't expect you to get a divorce. I expect you to accept that this arrangement is over."  She turns to walk away, wanting to cry. 
 
He reaches up and says, "Please sit down."
 
"I'm leaving, Jon.  Meeting you was a bad idea, I'm sorry."  She pulls away, "Safe travels."  She's three steps away and feeling the dreaded lump in her throat.
 
"OLIVIA!" he yells at her.  She stops and looks back over her shoulder.  He can see that she's upset, but he doesn't stop.  "Come back here."
 
On her heal she turns and says, "See Jon, this is what I mean.  You need to let it and me go.  It's not working for me anymore.  It's not working for either one of us."
 
"You know that this isn't what you want to do."
 
"Oh my God, yes it is.  Don't you get it?"  She drops her purse on the floor,  "When I'm not working or in class, I sit in that big penthouse alone, for days on end and I am tired of it.  I'm tired of my life passing by, waiting for a man that had no intention of being with me from the beginning.  I'm lonley and alone, and it sucks."
 
"Go on the road with me."  That was all that she needed to hear.  From the day she met him, she knew that he could be selfish.  She knew that he could have a one track mind,  but after pouring out her heart like she just did and to get that response, she seen the writing on the wall.  She always wondered, but now she has to ask.....
 
"Do you care for me at all?"  She didn't even wait for the answer, she turned around and left him sitting there, knowing that she couldn't look back.  She needed to be let go, and if there were legal issues as a result of it, than so be it.  But she needed to start a new life without him, a new life without the one that she truly wanted and the one that she was convinced that she needed.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds more like an ending instead of a second chapter, can't wait to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this IS a Jons story. Anything can happen. He will get her back. ... I think,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh when he wants something he won't stop he'll go after it no matter how long it takes!

    ReplyDelete