Friday, October 3, 2014

Chapter 26



Olivia feels a great comfort as she walks into her suite, it's a simple comfort that comes from knowing that Jon was there with her and no where else in the world.  She didn't feel that way as she won, it's a comfort that tells her than Jon really does love her and maybe, just maybe they can start over and build a beautiful relationship.

She slides into bed and pulls the covers up to her chin.  She rolls on her side to look out the patio window to watch Jon sleep.  It's like she's watching a movie in very slow motion, and in time, that puts her to sleep.

"Olivia!?"  Jon says to her, "Liv?"  He only needed to wake her just enough to get her to make room in the bed so he can climb into bed with her and hold her close.  He woke up on the deck, a little chilled and dazed.  For a brief moment he couldn't remember where he was.  To him, that's a true sign of exhaustion.  "Livvy."  He says again, finally stirring her to wake.

Olivia opens her eyes and see Jon sitting next to her on the bed.  He looks as disheveled as he did when he dozed off on the hammock, but to her, he was gorgeous.  "Hey." she whispers.

He smiles, leans over and kisses her lips.  His touch, the simplest touch, ignites a fire in her every time.  "Can I get in there with you?"

"Yeah." she replies as she slides over to her side, making room for him.  "How long have you been up?"

Jon stands at the side of the bed and takes his clothes off.  Neither of them cared that he hasn't showered, even though he finished a sold out show just hours before.  "I've been up long enough to know that I want to get in there with you."

He slides in next to her, sneaking his arm up under her head on her pillow.  With a curl of his arm, he rolls her to him and she laughs.  "Hi."  She looks up and kisses the dimple in his chin, "Are you hungry?  I know you haven't eaten since the show?"

He shakes his head no, "Not really.  Catering was pretty good tonight, I ate pretty heavy just before the show."

"Are you sure?  I can order something?"

"No, babe.  I'm good." he turns his head and kisses her forehead, "I just want to lay here and hold you until I fall back asleep."

She rests her head on his chest, his hairy and sexy chest, asking him, "Are you sleeping in your earrings?  You never wear them to bed."

"I guess."  he reaches up, feeling the hoops in his ears, "Won't be the first time."

"Thanks for coming."  Olivia whispers, "I didn't think that you would."

"I told you that I would find you before I left Miami, didn't I?"

"Yeah."

"So why did you think that I wouldn't?" he questions her.  She can hear a slight irritation in his voice.

Turning her head, she makes eye contact with him, "Well, we didn't leave things in the best of ways."

His hand reaches the small of her back and he starts to rub her, "I know, but I told you I'd see you and here I am.  Do you want me to go?"

"NO!" she blurts back, "Of course I don't want you to go."  Her heart rate sped up at the thought of him leaving, "Like I said, thank you for coming."

They laid there and made small talk until Jon decided it was time to talk about the issue at hand.  Both of them had slept a little bit and were somewhat rested, so a talk in the middle of the night could be a good idea.  "It's nice to see you, I'm glad you came to Miami."

"So am I."

"What changed your mind?  What made you come to Miami?" he starts his questions.  "I have to admit, I'm very surprised to see you."

"To put it simply, Jon, I missed you.  Being all the way in Utah alone, knowing no one - was an eye opener.  I had no one.  One day after I told a woman that she just lost her husband and there was nothing that I could do, it hit me like a truck.  I love you and I miss you." she admits, on her elbow facing Jon.  "I broke a heart that I could fix, I broke a heart that I could have prevented - what the hell was I doing in Utah?"

"Why didn't you call or email me?" he reaches over and runs the back of his hand along her chin, "Why didn't you contact me?"

"I did."

"When?"

"I called your cell phone last week and left a message." she tells him, feeling like he forgot that she called.

"I never got a voice mail from you, Liv."

"I left you a voice mail, Jon."

Jon sits up in bed and looks over at her, "What did it say?  I never got it." His brow is slightly wrinkled with confusion.

"It just said that I miss you and that I want to see you." she explains her voice mail, "I was very surprised that you didn't call me back."  Jon relaxes, laying across Olivia.  She loves the way that he feels on her, close to her and she's happy when he's just in the same room.

"I'm sorry, I never got it."

"It doesn't matter now.  I'm here, you're here - what next?" Olivia questions, "What's been going on with you?"

She can feel him take a deep breath and let it out slowly, "This tour is kicking my ass.  I'm sick of travelling."

"I bet."

"I just want some serious down time to do nothing and whatever I want."

Olivia runs her finger through his hair, feeling that he has product in it and that it's dirty with sweat.  "How much longer do you have?"

Another deep breath, "It seems like forever, but I really don't know.  A few weeks."

"How are the kids, your parents?" Olivia asks him, really wanting to know what was up between him and Dorothea.  "How is Dorothea?"  This time, she holds her breath.

Jon rolls over, taking his place next to Olivia, "The kids are great.  Mom and dad are here with me.  They are great too."  he stops, leaving Olivia waiting for the answer that she really wanted to hear.

"And Dorothea?"

"She's fine, I guess.  We don't talk much."

"No?" Olivia is surprised, "What's going on?"  She slides up in the bed, leaning against the headboard, "Are you fighting?"

Jon rolls his eyes, looking up at her, "Define fighting?"

"What's going on?  Why are you making me beat it out of you?" Olivia is getting a little irritated.  Dorothea was the only fear that she had as she boarded the plane in Salt Lake City.  She kept asking herself, what will you do if he has reconciled with Dorothea?

Jon laughs at her, seeing that she's getting upset, "We are on the verge of the divorce being final and she has changed her mind about her settlement offer.  She wants more than I am willing to give."


"What more could she want?"

"She wants half of all the money that I've made over the years."

"Are you kidding?" Olivia is floored, "How can she think that that is even possible?"

Jon chuckles, "She thinks there is a way, but I tried to explain it to her, that the money is in a business account - making it business finances, untouchable by her."

"Has her lawyer explained it to her?"  Olivia slides out of bed, grabbing a bottle of juice from the mini fridge, "Do you want one?"  Olivia holds up the bottle, showing Jon what she has.

"I'll take a beer, if there is one in there, and yes - her lawyer has talked to her.  But she doesn't understand that Bon Jovi Management made all that money and that I just collected a paycheck."

Olivia hands him his beer, "But you are Bon Jovi Management."

"Exactly!  I knew what I was doing when I started this band.  I knew that I needed to put my money in a safe place where no woman could touch it."

Olivia rolls her eyes and sits on the edge of the bed, "Let the lawyers fight it out then.  The law is the law."

3 comments:

  1. Where no woman could touch it Please!!!!!!!!!!! I love how men think! I hate to tell him but we think the same thing Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again Why is Jon wearing Earrings? Sometimes I think this is the 1990's
    And it's in 2000! Jon quit wearing
    Earrings in the 1990's! I'm confused as
    Hell! Someone help me please.

    ReplyDelete